There isn't a mission. There isn't a goal. It's just words on fake paper, sliding and tripping and flowing all over the place, because we're all full up on words in here and there is no way we can keep them inside. Like Tony says, "Nothing in here is true."

Friday, March 03, 2006

wingspan

that fat white nerd at the company picnic
wearing a miles davis t-shirt:
you own stryper albums.

or that relentless we gotta hang out sometime guy
i barely talked to back in the day:
keep your card. i’m glad you consult.

how about the mayo-globbed mouth-corner of some prick
that just keeps talking. oblivious to situations me and he:
i’m not hungry anymore.

and there’s the barely employed guy on my block
it snows. his wife shovels:
quit the belligerent neighbor banter.

racist grandfathers.
the self-important noon time aid at my kid’s school.
the person that always wants to talk about brilliant oscar efforts.
the big guy on the train that thinks he can eyeball my girl.
ungrateful eastern-block defectors bellyaching about taxes, etc.

pegasus wings should painfully take root from me,
so I can shun you all, bloody and glorious—
wingspan in my periphery.

1 comment:

Tarek said...

This is another winner, SSG. Getting better and better.