There isn't a mission. There isn't a goal. It's just words on fake paper, sliding and tripping and flowing all over the place, because we're all full up on words in here and there is no way we can keep them inside. Like Tony says, "Nothing in here is true."

Monday, March 20, 2006

that star and you

i hope that you tear all of your important tendons,
and that you get what’s coming to you--
million dollar baby.
you’re not worth the milk dandruff
that falls to the floor,
when I pop the cap for some utter-juice
pasteur made safe to swallow.

that star and you are a sight.

if I had my druthers, you’d be the figures
in marty mcfly’s photo,
when his mom was hot for him.
but I don’t. and you won’t.
you’ll set records and get a ring.
because I’m from a once mighty town,
now only famous for sandwiches and a fake boxer.

No comments: