There isn't a mission. There isn't a goal. It's just words on fake paper, sliding and tripping and flowing all over the place, because we're all full up on words in here and there is no way we can keep them inside. Like Tony says, "Nothing in here is true."

Friday, January 06, 2006

sorry that you dropped

forsaken insulin brought things to a head
I would’ve made nice if I knew you’d be dead
burned and urned.
by the Almighty, four kids feel spurned
shocked now, but wait for the birthdays
the first days of spring, oldest might want to play first base
thirsty daughter won’t have dad taking her to get
chocolate water ice or whatever she likes that’s wet
to quench her thirst, ‘cause your heart burst
middle two scared white like chief race in Benson Hurst
when they found you in the bathroom
you felt sick they said, unaware of soon doom
left from their sight a broken boomerang
failed to return from the head, didn’t hear the clang
pots and pans, bottlerockets’ annual boist’rousness
your number was up. God’s choice must rest.

but man, I’m sorry I was an asshole and never did quit
I postured while drunk too much. I’m sorry. That’s it.

No comments: