There isn't a mission. There isn't a goal. It's just words on fake paper, sliding and tripping and flowing all over the place, because we're all full up on words in here and there is no way we can keep them inside. Like Tony says, "Nothing in here is true."

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

i've had butter thoughts

butter tastes good to me now.
raw.
i lick the knife after
slathering 12 grain fantastic.
nullifying any nutritious value
it may have once had. monosaturated
or poly, I care not.
it carries the flavor like grunts
lugging pinot grapes to and fro.

It used to bother me how timmy
And his clan shaved the stick
Of land ‘o calories-ian
Any which way but methodical:
From the top horizontal, diagonal,
They would even fork it.
Leaving the once perfect
Golden harmonica case,
A molested assemblage of lard parts.

But if he was around now,
I’d tell him eureka.
They just wanted butter;
I applaud your ravenous efforts
To procure the salted sludge.
I begrudge your methods no more.

No comments: